So it is raining where I live. Lots of rain. Rain until beyond the 5 day forecast.
Well a few days ago I went grocery shopping and decided to get hamburger buns for the start of our hamburger making season. Byron and I have hamburgers about 3 or 4 times a week during the summer months. They're like a good sandwich but with better meat.
So I bought these hamburger buns, then the rains came pouring down. (And the floods came up ... inside joke:) But today I decided that I really wanted hamburgers no matter if I had to BBQ in the rain. So I got the burgers out of the freezer and pulled the BBQ out of the garage. I had to leave it beside the garage until my husband came home to help me lift it onto the patio. At this point of the day, the rain had stopped for a while. The pavement was even drying out. I had hope for the burgers. I had one of my voice students coming for a lesson tonight before dinner and throughout her entire lesson, no rain.
Just as we were lifting the BBQ back into its summer home on our patio, the rain started up again. I was kind of heart broken. I had planned the meal and done the prep work. (This was one of my goals from the Blog Begins, you will notice.) I wanted to have hamburgers and the weather was out to ruin that. I almost let the rain win.
In the end, the rain was not very hard and the burgers were delicious.
(Written last week, posted today.)
No comments:
Post a Comment