I can't tell if it's the lack of substitute work or if it's the rain, but the last couple days I've not been happy with my days. I get lots done, but it just doesn't satisfy.
Yesterday when I was feeling this way, I decided to try and document all the good things that I was doing. I got my camera out and started snapping up some pictures.
First I got this great idea to take pictures when I was making the most delicious green smoothie. I have b
een off smoothies for the past little while. I had a big love of them when I first was introduced to how simple and yummy they are. I then got back to work and I forgot about how much I loved these berry smoothies. This one is a berry blend. I started with a little bit of milk and a hand full or two of spinach (that's what makes it a green smoothie.) I then blend those by themselves to make sure the spinach gets blended as small as possible. Then I add a few spoon fulls of plain yogurt. I like to add the yogurt because it gives it a wonderful creamy taste. I use plain because it's usually a little cheaper than flavored and it doesn't add extra sugar to the smoothie. I add two little spoonfuls of Splenda (I'm diabetic, but I'm sure sugar would work very well too or whatever sweetener you are comfortable with.) I have done these without sweetener too and they are still very good. I then put in a frozen blend of berries (blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries,) that I have found at Superstore (generic) and Costco. I put as many berries in as I think looks good. If it's not thick enough for my taste, I add more frozen berries. You can do all sorts of flavors, but I have found my best are with this berry mix.
Next thing was that I realized I had not told my blog world friends about the huge project that I have been undertaking the past few months. I was asked to help out with a project at an Alberta wide scout camp this summer. For this activity, the scouts would be challenging questions that would test their knowledge of the scriptures. They would each get a leather cord and if they answer questions right, then they get to collect beads on that cord. This project seemed much simpler when I said yes to taking it on. I have been glad that I get the experience of seeing how an idea that is simple can grow in logistics and design. It will be fun.
I do have 150,000 pony beads in my house. Who else can say that!
I also have been working on building a garden. I am a vegetable gardener. I have always enjoyed growing things that I can eat. My dad helped me plan out how to build this garden box in my backyard. I have been wanting to build it for weeks now, but schedules of my helpers and my own schedule being as busy as it is, we were not 
able to start on it until yesterday.
The rain forecast has been discouraging, but yesterday the rain held off all through the day until my helpers arrived and we started digging up the sod. It sure gets muddy when you play in the dirt while it is pouring rain. I'm sorry I don't have any in progress photos of this, but I have the finished box. Now all that I need to do is get the stepping stones in place around the box and then cart the garden loam from my front yard where the truck dropped it to the back yard where the box is. I'm excited to get planting and have some fresh veggies later this summer to eat.
Last but not least, I wanted to show the blogger world my knitting projects. Since having my daughter, Amelia, I have learned to knit. I was tutored well by my sister in law, Jenny. Some of my other friends who knit have been very helpful at helping me fix my mistakes along the way. I have made hats so far. My first project was the little green hat. Jenny gave me all the suppli
es and got me started on a project. I worked on this diligently when I was sitting in my living room all day healing from my cesarean birth. It's not perfect, but I still love it. The next project I did was the blue one in the middle. It is not done. It's supposed to have a crochet brim, but I have not yet made the time to learn how to crochet. Also, I think I made it a little too short in the head for me. When I tried it on it looked a little bit like a yarmulke. So maybe that one will get completed someday and look more like what it was supposed to look like. My most recent project (which was finished at least a month ago now) is the purple bubble pattern hat. I really like this pattern. It was very scary to start doing the bubble pattern because you had to drop a stitch down 4 rows and then retake it up. I was nervous to mess it up. But again, with help from my friends, I was able to get the hang of it. This is my most flawless project yet. I am now branching out and looking at other types of projects like a little baby dress that would be simple to make in the round. So if anyone had any good ideas, please share. I have a few pattern choices that I found on Ravelry, but if you have experience making a simple baby dress in the round, please tell me what is a good easy pattern to start with.
That's all right now.
Your projects all look awesome Rosanna! That is very many beads! Don't drop them and play 150,000 pick up! (That would be lame). I wish I could taste some of your yummy produce when it grows! When do you head to the lake this summer?
ReplyDelete