Dear Blog World.
It's been over a month since I last wrote. Life is getting so busy again that I must admit I have not even been doing much knitting on the weekends.
I'm busy! Every September I think I know what that word really means. Yet, each year, I re-learn the meaning of "busy." There are so many things right now that I would like to be able to keep up with (blogging, my own singing, composing, house work, visiting with friends, church calling, knitting.) But I'm just "too" busy.
The best part about being busy this year is that I'm really actually enjoying it! I love what I'm doing. I love singing all day and getting to work with the amazing, talented, kind, thoughtful, expressive, and supportive people that I work with (and live with:)) Sure there are days where I would rather go to bed early or just do nothing for a change, but I am finding a pretty good balance with the "have to do"s and the "want to do"s.
Something that is helping me find the balance between those two is that most of my "have to do"s ARE my "want to do"s.
Have you ever noticed that when you get home from a day at school teaching youth to sing and be smart, articulate, expressive musicians, that you want to sit and read a book or watch TV? I have. But being busy means that I fill many of my evenings with teaching even more terrific students how to be expressive, literate musicians. By the end of my very busy days, I have had no time to wonder if I have done anything good.
And tonight, I even had the energy to read up on all my favorite blogs and even write this post.
I guess that means next year I still have even more to learn about the word "busy."
No comments:
Post a Comment