Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Another couple projects completed

Hello again Blog World.


I was worried that with starting my very busy life style up again with full time teaching work and extra work on the side I would not have time to keep up my knitting. (I work as a teacher in a very busy high school choral program and teach private lessons on the side.) I must say that I have grown quite attached to knitting. I now do it on the weekends when I want some down time. I tend to be "watching" football when I knit lately.


Anyways, I was catching up on some emails and reading my list of blogs that I follow and something someone wrote cued me to get another post up. I thought, 'I'll do it later." But then I said to myself, "when is later? You won't have time later." That also prompted me to move my laundry on while I was thinking of things that should get done now.


So the point of this post is to show you my latest knitting projects. I just recently finished the little newborn hat and I finished the vest a few weekends ago. The hat was supposed to be a gift for a friend but I fear it might be too small for her baby by now, so I will have to make another one that is bigger. This one might become a gift or a keepsake. The vest is a project that I've been meaning to do since my grandmother gave me the yellow and green yarn. I made a pretty little dress out of it over the summer and have now made a matching vest. The idea was to be prepared with an outfit that I could use for my next baby, whether I have a girl or a boy next. However, my mother says, (supposedly in jest,) that I am now ready for twins.



The dress is for a 6 month old size and the vest is for a newborn - 3 month old, so if I end up with twins someday, they won't likely be wearing them at the same time.






Well, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment