Sunday, 20 November 2011

Singing

Oh Blog World...How I miss performing.

Today I auditioned to sing a solo in the upcoming Sing-a-long Messiah that my church is putting on. It went really well. It made me happy. So happy that I was still decent at singing. I sing a lot still, but I really haven't done it for more than a few minutes at a time by myself. And mostly, I'm demonstrating for my students. I love singing with great accompanists. Tonight the accompanist was terrific and I just felt like singing song after song, but because of time, I only sang part of two of the pieces I would love to perform.

My husband and I watch almost all the singing shows on TV (when we have the time...we're very behind ususally.) It always makes me think how different life would be if I spent more time and energy on actually chasing a performance career. It would be a lot of work and I don't want to kid myself into thinking that I would love every minute of it, but I sure love to perform when I have the opportunity.

So, maybe in the next few years, I might get the time/courage to get out there and do more recording projects.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you're getting a chance to enjoy YOUR singing. Wish we could make it to the Messiah! :) Excited to see you at New Years!

    ReplyDelete