Thursday, 25 August 2011

My summer update

Hello Blog World.
Wow, this summer has gone by the fastest of any summer I've ever experienced. I must have been having fun.


I was able to go out to the Shuswap Lake 3 times throughout the summer with my family. My husband had to stay home and work. He was a good sport about it.


We're adding onto the dock at my parent's cabin. A big project, but it will be an awesome place to play when it is finished.

I saw many hummingbirds along with many mosquitos during my first trip out to the cabin.



Instead of doing much reading, this year at the lake I did a lot of knitting. Here are some of the projects I've accomplished. Thanks to my Ganny H. for the yarn and the pattern for the booties.






Once I came back home from the lake, I reorganized my basement. That was so refreshing to do.


When I left my husband at home for a week at a time, I made sure that he had some cookies to distract him from missing me too much.





Every once in a while I decide to do something different than hamburgers for dinner. This was an awesome meal that I made with garlic mashed potatoes, fresh beets from my mother in law's garden, leftover greek salad, and BBQ chicken breast. I will do this again.
And I'm grateful to say that I now have a job that I'm excited to return to next week.

2 comments:

  1. Rosanna sorry for your loss, here is a link to a blog for a family that lost their 7 month old to liver failure. The mother Ani is so amazing and I think you can draw on her strength, but also cry with her in sorrow.

    http://aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress you knit is amazing!! And the food looks delicious... You are making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete